Saturday, December 11, 2004

Well, I found out what juvenile court feels like and frankly, I don't want to know more. I wonder what it would be like if the offense had been more than just a stupid misjudgement that will be dismissed? The boys who were already in jail went first. My heart went out to the mom who got to hug her son for a second before the judge began. Then a few others came and went. Then 2 parents stepped up to the podium to face the judge. "So your daughter is on the run?" He issued a bench warrent for her arrest. We followed soon after.

Our group was out of place. Honey, Sugar, our brand new lawyer and me plus Honey's girlfriend with parents and lawyer plus Honey's friend with mom and lawyer. The lawyers and police and families all wondering why it got this far when the kids are clearly innocent of any crime.

I don't need any more pre-Christmas dramas after this year, ok?