Friday, April 08, 2005

It's been 25 years since I've lived alone. Mmmm... maybe you could say a little longer since before that I lived in a group setting at a school in Oregon. And before that, I lived with Susan in LA, and before that Marty and Kate in Denver, that artist girl in Chicago, but wait - I did live alone in NYC. Yes, I did - no wait - I lived with Robin for a while at the end and Suzie for a while in the beginning- but I did live alone for a few months in between. Before that I lived with a houseful of people in Tallahassee and had Margy for a roommate in Italy and Ricklie in Tallahassee - yes! I did live alone for several months in Tallahassee, but it was right next door to Mo and Teresa and Maria. And before Tallahassee, dorm mates in North Carolina and in Massachusetts. And before that, was growing up at home with 5 others.

I was all set to write about how I haven't lived alone for 25 years and throw in something about Virginia Woolf's A Room of One's Own but I can't rightly do that now, can I, since I've hardly lived alone and haven't seemed to mind it.

I do always get a room of my own when I want one.