Thursday, October 04, 2007

We just changed over to T-Mobile after years with Verizon. Aside from a few customer service problems, no reception at home, and iffy reception on vacations, Verizon was ok. T-Mobile works like a dream. We got the 5 favorites account so all our calls to our home line are free, to each other are free, and we're still saving about $50/month over the Verizon plan we had. It's a small luxury to be able to take a phone call on my cell while I'm standing in my kitchen or on my deck. Great customer service in the store, too.

I just completed a 'quality of life in Boulder' survey and sent it in, wondering what they are going to do with it. They wanted to know how was the sense of community in my neighborhood. What would the city council do about a neighborhood with a 'bad' sense of community? And they want to know my feelings about pop-ups. Why?

The back deck is finished and now the steps are being figured out as they are being built. You'd think that putting in a few steps would be simple but when you don't know what you're doing, it's really not.