Sunday, December 16, 2007


Seasonal Affective Disorder. Though I don't believe it's a p$ychiatric condition, I do get have some reality on the Colorado winter letdown.

My take on it is: during the warmer months there is so much invitation from Life to join in, appreciate, feel, move, participate, breathe fresh air. Somewhat like a gracious and enthusiastic hostess making sure that all her guests are welcomed and satiated with all the stimuli that Life has to offer.

Come winter, the party is over; the hostess has gone home and it's up to me to provide my entertainment. To invite myself to go outside and get sunshine on my eyelids, to get plenty of fresh air, to make sure the birds are fed and heard. It's not easy being a summer girl in the winter but keeping summer alive becomes a game in itself.