Sunday, October 07, 2007

I love Fresh Produce. Comfortable clothes in great colors and they have a great annual sale. Thousands come to a big warehouse-type building and strip down in a common dressing room to get the clothes at incredible discounts. So when I got a coupon for a store sale, I decided to help them with the overhead and check it out. Found a fine little blue cotton skirt that I love for about $15. Love it.

Yesterday, I made a detour to Wal-Mart in Superior to get some tee-shirts that I can't find anywhere else and breezed through the women's department. There, on sale was my skirt marked down to $3.50. Could it be? Same color, same style (maybe lacking a decorative stitch), ok, none of that stretchy material added to the cotton mix and, just like the FP version, MADE IN CHINA. I grabbed it and another one for good measure.

Now, I know that Wal-Mart is supposed to be evil, but when you're buying marked up goods from China either way, what is the difference which wealthy philanthropic family gets the profit? This time I went with the one who is offering $4 generic drugs and affordable walk-in health clinics.