Thursday, January 12, 2006

The last few months, I've been working my way out of a dependence on convenience. I have plans that promise to be highly inconvenient but I want the product so I have to change my patterns.

First, I changed the accounts where I work, not for the convenience factor, but for the fact that I was getting lulled into the rhythm of the small picture. I enjoyed the place and the people but sometimes, too much agreement can stick a person where they don't really want to be.

Next, I arranged my schedule to work out 3 days a week and bought a yearly pass to the rec center. So far, I've been keeping to the schedule and finding little treasures such as the wet sauna and swimming in place against the jet sprays in the lazy river portion of the pool.

There are changes happening with the advent of our empty nest. Pulling my attention off this last one is harder than I imagined with lots of starts and stops. The other one is turning 21 in a couple of days. My body is becoming a little ole' lady! I just don't want my life to be one.