Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I got a bunch of dought tolerant plants from the Conservation Resource Center and now I have to find places in the yard to put them. When I ordered them I envisioned lots of blank spots in the garden but now that they are here, everything is in full growth and I see that I don't have as much room as I thought. I've been pulling tall grasses from the garden all week and the compost heap is overflowing. Leaving for a month at the start of the growing season isn't such a good idea.
We got our first take from the Cure Farm subscription this week: turnips and greens, beets, braising mix and salad. Their produce is just superb. I never get enough tomatoes or cukes so I planted some in the back yard. The deer don't get back there very much since we fenced it for the dogs so I'm hoping for a good harvest.