Sunday, October 31, 2004

One son left home a few months ago. Well, he moved a few miles away and he comes by alot. Before he left, I went back and forth between anticipating a void and just wondering when it would happen. We are close friends. I knew that it would be hard to be without him around so much but I was eager for him to get on with his life.

As it turns out, he left and 2 days later, I was rearranging the house. Any feeling of loss I might have had turned into "Sweetie, can you get the rest of your stuff out of your room?" We swapped rooms with Honey and made Sweetie's room into an office. Sweetie dekluged his whole area and has taken to putting his things away. The stairs have never been cleaner now that he doesn't feel the need to mark his space. I found myself straightening an area today that I had avoided for years.

Funny, having one less person smack dab in your universe opens up lots of personal space. I wonder what it will be like when Honey leaves home.