Friday, November 24, 2006

Ok, back to work with a trip to Lafayette that allowed me to see the snow-capped mountains on the way back into town. This is a relief since there hasn't been any moisture for a while and it's been warmish. Dillon Reservoir was full on Tuesday when we drove past, but there just wasn't much snow before or after Vail Pass.

Gardening is all over for the year but I've been collecting leaves for composting. Leaf mold is something that I took for granted, growing up in the South, something I have to assist in causing here in this dry state. Attention has moved to the house painting project which I imagine will take us several months with the changing weather and all.


I stopped by Pier One and picked up a tree. It's not quite the aluminum tree with colored lights that Mama had, but it's my first aluminum tree.