Monday, January 22, 2007

I was so looking forward to the opening of Twenty-Ninth Street but now that it's here, I only really use it for a handy cut-through from 30th to 28th Street. Riding by today, I noticed that our new movie theater walls are going up and that is good new since the marquee for the one on Arapahoe is gone.

The one place I have been to (twice now) is Pei Wei, both times just for the minced chicken wrapped in iceberg lettuce which is pretty tasty. Today we sat at the bar and watched the cooks slamming the food through the line. Lots of big flames and steam impressed me and took my mind off all this friggin' cold and snow.

From the local newspaper: "While Sunday brought only about 3 inches of snow to downtown Boulder, the storm marked the fifth week in a row that Boulder County and the Front Range have received measurable snowfall. Since the blizzard on Dec. 20-21, 63 inches of snow have fallen on Boulder, according to the National Weather Service."

And the Saints didn't win yesterday, but they did a great job of getting so far.