Thursday, September 21, 2006

I was on Skype with my friend Pui when she said her aunt had called to say there was a revolution going on in Bangkok. I can't imagine! Tanks in the same town, surrounding the capitol building and the army taking over the government. She is ok now, back at home a couple of hours away from Bangkok. Such a small world now, isn't it?

Getting ready for another trip to LA. I've made it enough times that it's no big deal now. The worst is getting up at 4:30 in the morning to catch the Amtrak bus in Denver for the ride to Raton. The rest is gravy. I really enjoy the long stretches through the SW and waking up in the 2am to see the moon in the middle of blackness. I really hope someone is able to keep long distance train travel operational out here in the West. Sleeper out, coach back. This time we are going to zip down to Hermosa Beach for a few hours. Just love that ocean...